Friday, December 5, 2008

For an inspirational and testimony building experience

Hi, This isn't my usual blog posts, but this story really touched me and I wanted to share it for others to go to. For me, this story has reminded me of the important things in life and truly inspired me to strive to be better. I have realized that my trials are for but a moment in the eternal scheme of things and that I can still live every other moment to the fullest and try to be the best. Recently, I heard that a friend of mine from many years ago was recently married and they have been experiencing an extremely difficult trial. I got the blog address and I checked it out. I was not expecting to get what I did. I ended up staying up until after 1:00 AM reading it and catching up. It was an amazing story, but I have suddenly put my life and trials into a better perspective. I can only imagine what these amazing people have been through and what it must be like, but I do know that no matter what this life brings us, there are things that are solid truths that will never change, that we must cling to. Jesus is our Christ and our Redeemer. He loves us and it is only through His love and his atonement that we are saved. That life can bring many challenges, but if we cling to this, our lives can remain strong and in-tact amidst a world that is not. I am so grateful for this. This couple's names are Susan and Justin Turley. She is 25 and he is around 31 (I believe). They have been married almost a year now. They found out after they had been married for about five or six months that she had colon cancer. Since then, they have been through a lot, but as it stands now, the doctors have sent her home to rest because her body cannot take any more of the Chemotherapy. Their blog is not private and I believe that they have it out there as an inspirational story for anyone who wants to see it. If you have a chance, go to their blog and spend a little time hearing her story. It is truly amazing and inspirational. And if you want to, post the address on your blog for others who might be experiencing their own trials and be inspired by this story. The address is...

lemonademakers.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Heather said...

If that doesn't put things into perspective I don't know what does!
We really should count our blessings every single day!