Friday, July 31, 2009

Okay, so I'm not what you would call technologically inclined. but I do have better reasons for my serious lack in blogging. My computer has been out of commission for a few months and well, I have discovered what a life I can have when I'm not on it every break I get. So, I haven't been in too much of a hurry to reinstall the software and get it up and running. I will, however, soon be doing a recap on all of the exciting events of the summer for our family. Which basically amounts to either vacations, or keeping indoors to avoid heat exhaustion. Okay and some swimming and water parks as well.

Until then, here's a cute story about my so sweet little Aston. I was making dinner one night and, as happens on rare occasions, he was sent to his room for a time out. When I went in there to let him know he could come out, low and behold, he wasn't there. I found him playing happily as ever in the toy room. I explained to him that he was supposed to be in a time out, to which he kindly explained to me that I was supposed to be in the kitchen. . . . The funny part is, he really meant it. He wasn't trying to be sassy, it was just very matter of fact. I tried my hardest not to laugh, but I don't do so well at that.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is hilarious! Glad you documented that--it will surely be a joke once he is married!

Heather said...

Your little Aston is a keeper!
Sounds like you're trying to stay cool - you need to come to San Diego to swim!

Rachel said...

i just about died laughing. that is so funny. all your kids are too smart for their own good. and if i were you at that point i wouldnt be able to make him go in his room. i would tell him that this time he is getting off the hook for good wit. hahaha