Sunday, January 11, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Roan

Our Sweet little Roan turned 1 December 19th. How quickly this year has gone by. He has been such a blessing to our home and brought with him, from the very beginning a special spirit that I know was meant to bless our home at that time in our lives. I'm so grateful for him and the pure love and happiness he has brought to our home. At this point, he has not found it necessary to switch to walking as his mode of transportation, though he is quite proficient at crawling. In fact, he is amazingly quick. He beats Ryan in races every time. His first real clear words have been "thank you" or "Di Dew"(I know, doesn't sound real clear, but he uses it completely appropriately- every time we hand him something). Anyway, here are some pictures of his little Birthday event. We just had his cousins and Nana and Papa come out to the train park where we played, had some cake and rode the train. And, I don't like bragging and I NEVER do it ;) but I made a freaking awesome cake. I mean seriously, I have spent 5 very long years attempting to show off my cake decorating skills - to no avail. I have tried princess dolls, castles and flowers, monkeys and spiderman. This one, the frosting actually stayed in place, you could look at it and know which direction to look from and what you were looking at. I know, you're looking at it like THAT is your best? But for me, it was AWESOME. So, I must show it off.


12 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a pretty awesome cake-- GO BRIT!

Can't believe he is 1 already!

Heather said...

1. I can't believe that your baby is already one! How in the world is that possible?
2. I need your cute cake skills for Bailey's birthday next week! I too love to decorate cakes but I am no longer finding I have all the time (5 hours - yikes) to do one!

Lynn said...

What, no cake eating pictures? I was looking forward to seeing the frosting all over everything again. I LOVE his pic, so Roan.

The Barr Family said...

Happy B- Day Roan.
cute cake

The Reed Family said...

You forgot about how he says cheese to the camera! I'm so glad that we were able to see you and curl up in the bed :) hehe...We love you guys and can't wait to see you again soon!

Lovin Family said...

Wow! That was afast year! Happy b-day Roan. I sure miss seeing your smiling face each week. We all have to plan something to do soon so we can see you!

Becky said...

Wow Brit, he is already a year??? Where does the time go? I miss you, I feel like I haven't seen you in forever. BTW How is Heidi and her family holding up? I pray for her every day.

AshandNate said...

It is too crazy how fast they grow up huh!! It was so fabulous seeing you those many months ago at your church building! You and your kids are sooo cute...I just miss you. We seriously need to get together at a park or something. I'll have to call you cuz we really do need to get together and chat. Oh...I'm having a party and I want to invite you so send me your address to my e-mail. ashleavitt@hotmail.com.
talk to you soon, ashlie (bjorklund)

Candice said...

Thanks for your kind words, Britney. I would love to do a play date sometime!

How is Roan one?!?

ashley nelson said...

Hi Brit! How are you? Thank you for your message. Your kids are so cute. Jaidyn is your twin!

Kim said...

good job on the cake. your family is so great!

Jenni Sue said...

I didn't know you had a blog! So many cute pics of your kids, and I love that birthday cake! I'll have to get your email address again so I can send you an invite to my blog.